Pages

Lush Lip Scrubs

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Hello Lovelies!
Today I will be reviewing Lush's Lip scrubs in Popcorn and Bubblegum (£5.50). I'll start this off by saying that probably one of  my most annoying habits is biting my lips whenever I get stressed or whenever they are chapped, which I know may seem like the most insignificant problem in the world but it's just one of those small problems that I just can't help being annoyed by. So after trying these out in lush for quite a while and always noting how soft my lips felt after, I finally realised how much I needed these in my life and picked up two. 

The first thing to note about these are the fact they contain caster sugar, which means they taste good and are edible which may seem obvious as a lip scrub. However, I have tried others that just taste soapy and to me that's really off putting because I don't want to be concerned with accidentally eating the lip scrub and I feel like I would be concerned if it tasted gross. I love the cute little pots they come in but they are a bit difficult to get the product out of sometimes and I often end up with the granules getting stuck in my nails.. eww. The product works by scrubbing away the dead skin off your lips leaving them smooth and not chapped and these little pots of joy definitely leave them smooth and prepped for lipstick or just naked lips. My only real problem with the actual product is that the smoothness doesn't last long so I feel it may not get rid of all the dead skin..at the same time I wouldn't like them to over exfoliate my lips and leave them bleeding so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

Now on the the flavours Popcorn and Bubblegum!
Bubblegum is bright pink in colour and tastes really sweet like a tutti-frutti, candy floss (cotton candy) kind of flavour. This one I find can taste a little soapy but it's not obvious enough to make me feel ill. Somewhat annoyingly these are not lip tints so the colour doesn't transfer onto your lips at all which may be a good thing as this is a VERY bright pink colour..but I do think it would be quite cool if they were a lip tint too but hey you can't have everything. That's all to really say about this one although I would purchase with caution as like a lot of lip balms (cherry chapstick) it's very tempting to be liking yours lips after because it just tasted soo good!



Secondly There is Popcorn flavour. I'll start by saying I do not think this flavour is for everyone. My friend Zoe tried it when she was round and because I personally love it I thought she would, but she hated the flavour  :( I think this is because it tastes a lot like salted caramel (which Zoe hates!). The flavour is quite salty if i'm being honest. However if you do like salted caramel like me then I have no doubt you will love this flavour and want to put this on all day just to taste it.This one is pale yellow in colour, which I can see may put people off but as I say the colour doesn't transfer onto the lips anyway so personally I'm not bothered what colour they are. I think it's also important to note that neither of these leave a film or greasy residue, which is good as I can imagine that might be a worry for some people.




So there we go my mini review on Lush's Lip scrubs. I really want to try more so if you have any recommendations let me know in a comment. I'd also like to know what your favourite Lush products are and whether there are any other good lip scrubs I could try? Thanx for reading :)
Love Becky xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric