Pages

5 Everyday Lips

Monday 7 July 2014




 Hello Lovelies!
I think everyone who is interested in makeup has that lipstick that they wear more than others, that's just right colour for them and looks flattering with almost any outfit. Well for me I tend to pick and choose between about 5. It's fair to say I'm a pretty big lip product addict and one day I will get round to writing about and swatching my MAC lipstick collection..one day. But these five are the ones I reach for more on a daily basis, not necessarily my favorite but my most easy to wear no matter what outfit I have or event I'm going to.



Swatches L-R (Mac Modesty, Revlon Lip butter Macaroon, Mac Velvet Teddy, L'Oreal Cheryl's nude, Mac Kinda Sexy)


The first is probably one of the most universal colours from mac, it's mac's modesty (£15.00). As well as everyday I recently used this colour for my sister's prom because I knew that it was a pretty neutral colour that suits just about anyone. I would describe it as a pinky beige that looks more pinky on the lips and almost slightly berry toned in my opinion. also if you are looking for a comparison it's really similar to Mac's Hug Me but would be good if you were looking for a pinkier alternative.I wear this colour if I'm going for an interview or at work or if i'm going with a lot of makeup on the eyes as I know it is a very wearable neutral with a hint of colour. Also I think can look really sophisticated and looks good even at big events like weddings or prom.


Number 2 is a Revlon Lip butter in macaroon (£7.99). Probably the boldest colour in my everyday selection and I really love it! I love the lip butters for everyday wear anyway because of how moisturizing they are and the fact they are pretty sheer but the colour is long lasting and still leaves a tint for hours, which is useful because I hate to re-apply. The colour on me is a pinky berry colour but isn't as deep as raspberry pie from the collection. Another colour that I think will suit all skin tones and works with a lot of outfits. I tend to wear this  if I want a slightly more obvious lip colour that people would notice but would not think was weird or too in your face to wear on a daily basis.



Numero 3 is my absolute favorite lipstick maybe of all time, MAC's velvet teddy (£15.00). I can't really explain why this one in particular as it looks like kind of an off putting brown in the tube but ON THE LIPS!! without wanting to sound big-headed I think it looks so nice. I tend to wear this if i'm wearing more bold prints because it neutralizes the lips without erasing them or attracting too much attention. Unfortunately I don't think this one would suit as many people as the previous two as it is quite brown toned, but don't let that phase you! it's definitely worth trying or asking about in your local MAC store because you never know like me, you might just find your new favourite.

Beyonce's lucky number, number 4 is L'Oreal's Color Riche collection Privee in the colour Cheryl's nude (£8.16). This was part of their nude collection that they did in collaboration with celebrities such as Cheryl Cole, Doutzen Kroes, Julianne Moore, Eva Longoria and more of all different skin tones to get the perfect nude for all skin tones. For me most nude with my skin tone without being too plane was Cheryl's nude. I really like this colour as a sheer moisturized nude that adds that subtle colour to my lips.


Finally is another mac, i'm sorry I just like their lipsticks a lot! and this one is my summer go to that was in my summer favorites called kinda sexy (£15.00). This is a peachy nudey colour that I still think is subtle enough and suitable for everyday. I don't think there's many people it wouldn't suit as its a muted peach however it is a matte, which I know some people really don't like the texture of or find it too drying. I do think though that matte's tend to be slightly longer lasting and with a lip scrub or balm it won't be as uncomfortable on the lips.




I hope if you are reading this you might have found a new lip colour to try out! I tried to include relatively affordable lipsticks that I think would suit a range of people as well as the ones I wear most on a regular basis. I would love to know what your favourite lipsticks for everyday are and whether you have tried any mentioned in this post?

Love Becky xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric