Pages

Sleek Blushes and Nars Dupe

Monday 30 June 2014

Hello Lovelies! 
Today I thought I'd write a little review on Sleek blushes as I mentioned Rose Gold (aka the cheaper dupe for Nars Orgasm Blush) in my Summer Favourites and it reminded me of what great value for money they are. I believe Sleek was originally a brand made for women of colour but that is not to say their blushes won't suit women of all different skin tones. They have a wide selection of shades to choose from and the ones I have tested are all pigmented and last well on the skin. My only issue is that application is a bit tricky but in all honesty that's probably more to do with me than the product. I don't know if it's just the shape of my cheeks but I'm constantly guessing at where to put my blusher.. like do I go on the apples on my cheek or just above my cheek bone :S. Anyway on to the review!


The First I won't talk about to much as I have mentioned it in my Favorites. However, Sleek's Blush in Rose gold is basically a really pretty rosey pink colour with golden highlight, which is exactly what the name would suggest. I think that I think would be suitable for a lot a skin tones although I don't know about darker skin tones as I have never tried it any of my friends who have darker skin.The pink pigment in it is very wearable and subtle without it looking too girly and how I used to do my blush when I was five (very pink and in a perfect circle on my cheeks.. not a good look). But my favorite part of this blush is definitely the gold in it because it gives a lovely golden shine..like a bronzed goddess.




Next it's Coral! A Matte shade. Now this product in the pan looks rather daunting, brown, non corally and not really like your typical blush colour if you ask me. However, this colour is another that is true to its name (gold star to Sleek and its choice of product names). The Blush is definitely a coral colour on the cheeks as it is a mostly browny peach colour with a small amount pf pink. I think this is maybe one of their more unique colours but if I had to say what it what similar to I'd say Nars' Gina in how it looks on the cheeks. I do really like this colour and the fact it's matte but for some reason I don't find myself reaching for it that often which is a shame :( so I think I'll make it my summer resolution to wear it more!




Finally is Flushed and that definitely describes this colour very well. It's a very deep pink colour that is almost berry like and is another Matte Shade. I love this blush for autumn and winter as it does give that flush of colour on those dull grey days we are all too familiar with here in England. I would say to be very careful upon application of this blush as it is very pigmented and comes out on the cheeks exactly how it looks in the packaging, which is a very bold colour! however it can be blended to a really pretty deep berry colour that I like to use if I'm not going to contour or bronze, which admittedly is not often but I still like the look it gives my cheeks. This would also definitely suit darker skinned women.





SWATCHES



(L-R) Rose Gold, Coral, Flushed
(L-R) Rose Gold, Coral, Flushed
Hope you enjoyed reading my little review on Sleek blushes. They're around £4.49 each which is not bad at all considering I have used these quite a few times (particularly Rose Gold) and to me there isn't even really a dent in any of them. I would love to know if you have any of these blushes and your thoughts? also what is your favourite blush or brand for blushes? 
Love Becky xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric