Pages

Bourjois Base Products

Sunday 20 July 2014

Tried to get all artsy with shells didn't I..not sure it worked haha oh well :L

Hello Lovelies!

There has been a lot of hype and harping on about these two base products from Bourjois so I thought I'd give my penny's worth and give my honest opinion on them both. This is starting to sound like I don't like them, don't get me wrong I really like these products but there are just some little nigs I have about both products I thought I would share.

Annoyingly some of the packaging has peeled off :(
Bourjois healthy mix serum- This is a lot of people's favourite drug store foundation that I think is pretty good particularly for how much it's worth (around £10). It has a light to medium coverage, an apricoty fruity scent, fruit extracts such as apricot and apple and a dewy finish. Firstly the light to medium coverage is slightly buildable but not by much. I know foundation is to even out skin tone and not to cover up blemishes so I don't mind too much that it doesn't cover the spots I have, but I know there are other foundations that do hence why this is a definite down side to the product for me but if you like less coverage then this would be great for you! However, if you do have acne or quite blemished skin it's just something to take into consideration that if you want a foundation that covers them, this may not be the one to go for. I would also say this is not a great foundation if you have really oily skin as even with my combination skin and trusty stay matte powder it lasts about 4 hours before I start to see the oil around my nose and T-zone appearing. Wow that was a bit negative so I'll end this with a positive in that the finish is beautiful and glowing.


Bourjois CC Cream (£9.99)- Before I start I thought I'd mention that I really don't get this whole BB, CC and even DD cream (yes apparently there really is a DD cream :O). To me they all just seem foundation but slightly more blendable with sheerer coverage or basically a tinted moisturizer. Having said that I felt like I needed something slightly lighter than my foundation and I'd heard many good reviews about this, and let me tell you the reviews are NOT wrong! Firsty the pro's are that this CC cream does not feel heavy at all on the skin and the only time I feel it is when my skin starts to get oily. It seems to have really great coverage, doing what it says on the packet and covering dark spots, under eye circles, blemishes AND redness!! what more could you want? as you can probably tell I like this rather a lot. The squeezy tube makes application pretty easy, I just put a small amount either onto my hand or fingers, then blend using my fingers or real techniques blending brush to give a more flawless finish and voila done! But..as I mentioned earlier it doesn't deal with oil that well, it's not as bad as the healthy mix serum but still does require touch ups and definitely a matte finishing powder if you have combo/oily skin.

I hope you've enjoyed my mini reviews on Bourjois famous base offerings. Have you tried any of these products and if so I'd like to know what are your thoughts? Thankyou for reading.

Love Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric