Pages

Monthly Favorites- June

Saturday 12 July 2014



Hello Lovelies!
In honor of my blog's monthiversary (woo! *cue party poppers) I thought I would do my monthly favourites of last month. Last month I think I went through a bit of a 'its summer so I need look glowy and summery' phase, so I do apologize that there isn't a lot of variation because most of the products I have included are quite glowy, shimmery and bright.

The first is a Barry M nail varnish from their gelly collection in the colour guava. This colour is literally so pretty, I love turquoisey type colours so much so when I saw this in the collection (I believe on ETCLLYMLRS) I know it would be love. The gel nails have a really nice sheen on them that means they are a pretty big blogger favourite and they last a pretty long time on the nails without chipping which is always good because even if the colour's amazing it no use it it chips after two seconds particularly if like me you're a bit lazy with applying a top coat.

The next is a lip gloss by Chanel in big bang. I don't own many high-end lip glosses, so when my mum gave me this at a whim to say I was exited would be an understatement. Now I'm definitely not a snob when it comes to makeup because I believe you can get just as good quality from the drugstore (boots/superdrug). However, I can't help but feel a little bit exited and fancy when wearing my chanel lip gloss. This one is a very shimmery shiny tangerine lip gloss that you might think would look cheap and like a child's because of the flecks of glitter, but I think the way it looks on the lips is really nice and shimmery in a kind of sophisticated way, particularly if worn over a more nudey lipstick can add a bit of p-zaz! I think the shine on this is so beautiful and the tangerine colour id really flattering for summer so this month this has been my go to lip-gloss.
(L-R) Barry M Guava, Chanel big bang, Rimmel Natural Bronzer, Revlon Lip butter tutti-frutti, Sanctuary Spa Moisturizer. 

Next up is a natural bronzer from Rimmel. I have been loving this bronzer over the last month, mostly for nights out as I'm not quite tanned enough naturally for this to look natural on me during the day and when I'm not wearing fake tan. I just use a little of this along the hollows of my cheeks, jawline and sides of my forehead to contour as it's matte but I think its could be used across the cheeks or just as an overall bronze because I don't think its too orangey toned so won't make you look like a tangerine, although I would be careful as it does have some orange in it so I wouldn't go too overboard. However, I'll excuse this as it's so darn cheap!

Now I know I've spoken breifly about how I really enjoy using the macaroon lip butter from Revlon but now for another lip butter in tutti-fruiti. If I'm being honest I know there's been some hype in the blogger world for bright lips recently, (I think thats thanx to viviannadoesmakeup) but truthfully I'm not a bright lip kinda gal. I just can't get them to suit me *sad face. So this lip butter is my alternative to the bright orange lip I so wish I could pull off. Its a really subtle sheer peachy orange similar to ravishing by mac but not as bright or opaque. Its staying power isn't as long as a lipstick (roughly 2 hours) but for a beach day (and I've been having a lot of those recently) I think this is perfectly fine because I don't mind having to re-apply when I'm not busy at work or school.


The last two are products that probably need reviews all of their own so I'll keep this short and sweet. The first is a moisturizer from Sanctuary spa that is one of the most illuminating I've come across! it has this kind of iridescent glow to it that make it such a great base and over the past month I have grown to using a lot for subtle dewy (not greasy) skin. 

Finally has this one been raved about enough yet? nah I don't think so... it's Bourjois latest base offering, their new CC cream. It seems like a lot of bloggers have taken a real liking to this product and as much as I don't want to jump on the bandwagon, I can see why. Once again I will do a full review but basically this is a wonderful CC cream for all skin types. It has medium coverage, which is a lot more that what I was expecting! stays on all day (with a setting power or primer) and does wonders for your complexion. I have really enjoyed trying this out over the past month so much so that it has replaced a lot of my regular foundations. 

So there we have it, my (late) favourites of the month of June! I also wanted to take this opportunity just to say if you have read or followed my blog on either blogger, google +, or bloglovin' over the past month thankyou very much I really appreciate it and hope you have enjoyed reading so far. I'd love to know what are your favourties of the month? and have you tried any of the products I have mentioned?

Love Becky xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric