Pages

Mini Review- Soap and Glory's Dr Spot Clearing Gel

Friday 4 July 2014



Hello Lovelies!
When I was about 16 and about to join a new sixth form my skin suddenly decided it would become what I though I had avoided as a teenager.. Spot Prone! (dun dun duun) and since then it's not really stopped, which means I'm on the constant lookout for new anti-spot or fast action products.
I think I've managed to control my problem skin mostly *touch wood. However, I'm always getting those pesky spots that just pop up when they're really not needed! e.g. passport photo, drama school audition, prom day. 


This leads me on to today's post on Soap and Glory's Dr Spot (£8.00) 15ml. Some I've read have called this a miracle product and others have called it useless. I think it's somewhere in the middle.
It claims to act as a fast acting spot zapper type product and comes in this squeezy tube (which personally I find difficult to use :\) and comes out as a clear gel that dries on the skin after about 5-10 mins, depending on how much you use. 
The way I use it is to wash my hands then dab a bit on my finger, apply it to the problem area and leave the product to work its magic. Dr Spot smells quite chemically, almost lemony and stings slightly upon first application, particularly if it's a spot that's been popped or scratched at...Don't lie we all do it :P but it's okay the slight pain subsides quickly. It contains Salicylic and lactic acids so if your skin reacts badly to these chemicals I would not suggest this product.

swatch on my hand of the Dr Spot clearing gel

Now finally whether it actually works. Well in my honest opinion I have to say yes it does work I find on my skin (which isn't particularly sensitive just spot prone) it initially flares up slightly red but like the stinging, it does not last long. The spot does diminish in size, dry up and if they are red the redness tends to go relatively quickly maybe not miracle product quick but within 3 days usually the spot will have gone. However, I do like my Liz Earle cleanser that I use helps with blemished skin so I don't know if that effected how well my spots went down but I think that it was down to Dr Spot.

Overall I would recommend giving this product a go but maybe not to expect big things like other reviews on the internet have promised. However, I do think it's works and it's not a bad price so if you ever come across this in your local boots or drugstore I think this wouldn't be a bad choice to pick up and give a go.
Hope this review helped or maybe alerted you to a new product to help with problemed skin. I would like to know what your top zit-zapping products are and what your opinions on Dr Spot are? Thanks for reading

Love Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric