Pages

Time to Prime

Thursday 26 June 2014


Hello Lovelies!
Today I was thinking about how this time last year I owned 0 primers :O absolutely none! and had no idea what they really did, I mean I knew you put them on before foundation but like what was the point in them and why are there so many different types. Anyway fast forward a year on and I have a primer for just about every part of my face and with different purposes. A primer to me is almost a barrier between my foundation and my skin, I want it to not break me out, keep my foundation looking the same as it looked in the morning (if only) and I want it to either mattify or make my skin dewy depending on which look I’m going for, obviously I wouldn't expect a primer to do both otherwise it would be some kind of holy miracle genius product!

The Matte Primer – bareMinerals’ Prime Time, I got this primer as part of the bareminerals starter kit, which I cannot recommend enough by the way (great value for money). As of yet I haven’t used it up yet as I tend to not use it that much I think it’s silicone base kind of worries me and makes me think it’s going to block my pores. Having said that I haven’t known it to break me out and it dries out to a very matte smooth base, which is perfect to pair with the Bare minerals foundation or others.

The Pore Closer for Blemished skin Primer- The body shop’s Tea tree Pore minimiser is perfect for this! I know a lot of bloggers go on about Benefits professional but I’ve heard from friends about it breaking them out slightly and well I just don’t know if I want to take the risk yet. The Tea Tree primer says it's for blemished skin and I have never once had a problem with the product breaking me out. I think it visibly reduces pores and mattifies the skin really well without being drying. The only reason I don’t use it more is because I don’t think it makes my foundation last as long as other primers I have. Therefore, I like to just dab this around my nose and forehead where my pores are most prominent and my skin is most oily.
(Top-Bottom) NYC Smooth Skin primer, Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer, L'oreal Lumi Magique, Body shop's Tea tree Primer, bareminerals Prime Time.

The Dewy Primer-L’Oreal Lumi Magique Primer, now this primer is definitely a multi tasking primer that can be used as a base, highlighter or to mix in with your foundation. As a primer L’Oreal recommends to use this in the shape of a three, go above the eyebrow, then around the eye onto your cheekbones, finally back then round and onto your jawline. This isn't my favourite way to use this but I still love to apply this primer to areas I want to highlight before foundation. Therefore, although this may not be a primer in the traditionional sense, if you do want a dewy base as your primer I highly recommend this.

The Last all day primer- Laura Mercier’s Oil Free Primer, This is Probably my favourite of all the primers I've tried..and just so happens to be the most expensive :(. It just does exactly what I primer should! It doesn't break me out as it’s oil free, acts as a really good base for makeup to make it last all day or night. I don’t know if it’s just my eyes but it also appears to make my foundation look better and more airbrushed I suppose. Either way although this primer is expensive I seriously recommend it because I can’t see it not working for anyone. The only thing is if you want a dewy finish I wouldn't necessarily recommend this primer but it your foundation is dewy anyway I don’t see why you couldn't use this primer underneath because you would still be left with a dewy finish.


The Crappy but hey it was cheap Primer- NYC smooth skin primer, Not really a lot to say about this primer to be honest, I don’t want to be negative or tell people not to buy a product but to me this product’s just a bit of an unnecessary addition to my face. I mean I put it on and I’m just like well has that done anything for my skin make it smoother etc… and the answer is not really. It’s a shame because the product is pretty cheap and the consistency is not bad, it just didn’t really make my makeup last any longer or look any better. I think if you want to try this primer or have bought it you’re not at much of a loss as it’s cheap and it’s maybe worth a try but in my honest opinion it’s just a bit of a pointless product.

So there we have it a little discussion about primers, I would love to know what your favourite primer is? I think my next one to try will be max factor's face infinity primer because lately everyone seems to be banging on about how great it is so come next pay day I may have to invest in one.


Love Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric