Pages

Summer Favourites!

Tuesday 24 June 2014



Hello Lovelies!

I seem to be talking a lot on this blog about summer in my Barry M summer nails post, festival style and my favourite summer lip colour-See Sheer. So I thought I may as well talk about my favourite summer products and share some of my tips and tricks to get a lovely, healthy summer tan/glow.

So the first product is The body shop’s coconut shimmer body butter. Long story short I got this as a present from my mum because I bought her the non-shimmer version and I loved the smell so much I kept stealing some for myself :\ I know I’m an awful daughter but it really does smell incredible. If you like the smell of coconuts or tropical exotic smells I think you’ll really like this, and the smell isn’t too overpowering on the skin but does last a reasonable time on my body. The shimmer version is just especially good for summer because the glitter doesn’t look like cheap fairy body glitter you used to get when you were at a child’s party (although I did used to love that). It actually adds such a nice glow and makes my legs nice and smooth.

The next product is Beyonce’s perfume Heat Rush. It might be important to note that although I love Beyonce a lot (like seriously I have a problem) I honestly bought this purely because I did love the smell. It’s a very fruity scent, which is good for me because if a scent is too floral it reminds me of something my nan would wear, and much like she wouldn’t wear something that smelt of tutti frutti bubblegum, I try to avoid overly floral scents. Bey hopes that women of all generations will find themselves in aromas of this fragrance, since it is young, fresh and less-serious scent. Opening notes of Heat Rush start the composition with passion fruit sorbet, blood orange and Brazilian cherry. Its heart blooms with yellow tiger orchid, mango blossom and orange hibiscus, while a warm base closes with teak wood, honey amber and Rio sunset musk. Basically I think it smells exotic, fruity and non sickly J
Sleek rose gold above, MAC Kinda Sexy Below

The next great summer product is MAC’s Matte Lipstick in Kinda Sexy. A really pretty nudey, pinky peach that looks lovely with a tan. I wanted this product for ages but you could only get it online so I couldn’t try it before I bought it :(.. but thankfully I think it looks flattering on a lot of different skin tones and if you are not a fan of bright bold summer lips but still want a pop of colour, this is a great alternative. For a matte it’s not too drying on the lips, though I would suggest exfoliating and moisturizing your lips first just to avoid any cracks in your lips showing and to make wearing it that bit more comfortable.

Next up! A Sleek Blush in Rose gold. Now I won’t be the first to point out the elephant in the room in that this blush looks a heck of a lot like Nars’ blush in orgasm, only slightly more gold in my opinion *cough and a lot cheaper *cough. This is why it is my summer favourite because the golden glow in the blush has a really beautiful look on the skin and makes it look glowy and healthy. I find sleek bushes to be generally very pigmented but this is quite a subtle colour on the skin and much like the name would suggest adds a rosy sheen.

Me wearing Bare minerals in N10


Now for my Favourite summer foundation. I hate wearing liquid foundations in summer I just find they sometimes go streaky or don’t last long or need a powder and I usually find I can feel it on my skin. Therefore, I go for Bare Minerals Original foundation in powder form, which can also be used as a great concealer when applied with a concealer brush. This foundation has I would say medium build-able coverage, a good colour range, beautiful natural finish and I barely feel it on my skin. It also has SPF 15, which is very important particularly during the sunnier days of the year. My only issue is it can go a bit shiny because of my wonderfully oily T-zone. However, there is a matte version so that might be worth investing in or at least trying a sample. Overall I love this foundation for summer and I might do a full review in the future.






Finally a bronzer! And it’s another offering from bare minerals. A warmth All-over face colour as they like to call it, which is basically a really long way of saying what a bronzer does. I would say this is a matte bronzer but I don’t use it for contouring as I think it’s too much of a warm tone to properly contour and I would prefer to go for benefit’s hoola as a contour for my skin tone. However, for summer my main aim is to look as tanned, toned and glowy as possible so for that reason I love this because it warms up my complexion and definitely enhances my tan. I can see how on some people is may be too orangey but on me in seems to just brighten up my appearance and adds colour when my face is looking a tad dull.

So there we go, My summer favourites! I would love to know some of yours and if you’ve tried any of my favourites?


Love Becky xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric