Pages

Summer Dessert Nails By Barry M

Thursday 19 June 2014


Hello Lovelies!
It's another summery day in Bournemouth, which means it's time to bring out the summer nail colours. I would say my collection of Barry M nails varnishes is something I am both proud and ashamed to have. A part of my collection are these beautiful ice-cream and dessert named polishes, which makes me very happy as it's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine when lip and nail products have names..I know it's a bit weird. I think Barry M's may not be of the best quality but at £2.99 these are not a bad price at all and their colour and texture ranges are great too! My personal favourites are the 'High shiny gelly paints' but i'll leave them for another post :) Anyway on to the colours...























The first is called 'Berry Ice Cream' I really nice lilac colour that is probably the most sheer out of the three, but I would say needs 2-3 coats to build to an opaque coverage.I do also find for some reason I seem to reach for this colour the least, I do love the colour but I find I don't have a lot of clothes that suit the colour (not that my nails and clothes are ever co-ordinated),or maybe I just prefer other colours.






The next is 'Peach Melba' I've seen so many people wear this colour it's almost as though it's a cult classic. As the name would suggest it's a peachy, coraly colour that looks particularly amazing with a tan! This is one of my favourite Barry M colours and if there was a high shine version that would make me a very happy girl.









Finally is 'Blueberry ice-cream' I absolutely adore this sky blue poolside colour. It reminds me so much of the photos you see of the caribbean where the sea always looks the perfect blue and that's exactly what this colour is to me! the perfect blue. My only gripe is that there is now a high shine version called 'Blueberry' (which is slightly darker), so It doesn't get as much wear even though I do actually prefer the colour of the 'Blueberry Ice-cream shade'.






I'm definitely going to try at some point the other 'ice-cream' colours from the collection. I think there's 3 others; strawberry, mint and lemon, So please leave a comment if you have tried any of these polishes? and I'd like to know what is your favourite nail brand? and if you have any suggestions for other shades I could try?

Love Becky xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric