Pages

Conceal Don't Feel

Friday 13 June 2014


 As the title of this blog post would suggest, today I will be talking about 3 of my favorite concealers. I have a particular love for concealers because they really come in handy when I’m having one of those days where I really can’t be bothered with foundation, but I still don’t feel completely comfortable with gracing the world with my bare face. So, what do I look for in a concealer?...well I look for a decent coverage as that is what I primarily use it for, a colour that matches my skin or is one shade lighter for my under eye circles, lasting power and that it doesn't irritate or make my skin break out. It’s not too much to ask for is it? Anyway on to the concealers…

Quick, Hide! Long wearing concealer 
The first I will be talking about is Origins Quick, Hide!Long-wearing Concealer 15ml (£14.00). I came across this concealer when I was out one day and thought that as it was from Origins it should be okay for my skin, which was sensitive at the time. I am happy to report it did not break me out! The coverage I would say is medium to full and lasts pretty much all day on my skin that can be oily at the best of times. The shade range however is a little disappointing only 5 shades unfortunately, but I did manage to find that the ‘light’ shade seems to match my skin well so either I got lucky or it’s just very easy to blend. I would say this concealer is better for blemishes than under eyes but it doesn't crease so could still use it as an under eye concealer.
                               

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 
                                                                                         

Next I will be talking about a cult classic any guesses as to what it is? Yes it is Collection’s Lasting perfection concealer 10ml (£4.19). This concealer seems to have become almost a celebrity in the blogging and you tube world for its high coverage, longevity and low price. This certainly is deserved of its popularity as it got me through some sad teenage problem skin times. I have been using it for around 3 years now and I believe it was actually the first concealer I owned. Great coverage, great lasting power, good colour match although also limited like origins. However, it does sometimes irritate my skin which results in making a break out worse but only on occasion. Also, there is an offer on at boots at the moment where you can spend £3.99 on collection cosmetics and get a free gift! click here for the link.



Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Concealer
Finally I will be talking about Clinique’s Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Concealer 10ml (£14.50) . Now upon reading reviews of this product it appears to be very much a hit or miss product. The reason this has made it onto my favorites is because I genuinely believe this helps to clear up my skin when I have breakouts that need getting rid of. Here’s the science part- this is because it contains salicylic acid which is a key ingredient in many ant-acne products as it “opens clogged pores, neutralizes bacteria within and prevents pores from clogging up again by constricting pore diameter.” Overall I would say this is the concealer with the least coverage of the 3 but still decent coverage, it is very long-lasting and even though I believe the shade range to also have an unfortunately low number of shade choices, the shade 01 really does fit when I’m at my absolute palest, making this is my go to concealer for those bad skin days.

    
Swatches (L-R) Collection, Clique, Origins

Once blended out slightly


Once blended fully 

I really do wish concealers had more of a shade range as generally I find choices are limited and it is hard to tell in the shops whether it really does suit because of lighting, but nevertheless these concealers do the job so I can’t complain really. Concealers on my wish list to try are Bobbi Brown’s creamy concealer, Nars’ creamy concealer and Maybelline’s fit me concealer.

Do you have any recommendations?  Have you tried any of these concealers? If so I’d love to know your thoughts in the comments.
Thanks for reading

Love Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric