Pages

London Baby!

Sunday 29 June 2014

Hello lovelies!
If you have read the about me section of my blog you will know that I am a great lover of plays and theatre. Last October I was fortunate enough to see what is now one of my favourite pieces of theatre that I have ever seen...'The Drowned Man' by a company called Punchdrunk. I can imagine not many people will have heard of this company because in all honesty their fairly new to me too. Anyway I recently saw it for the second time in London so it was a very good excuse to have a good mooch around London for the day.

First stop was to drop our bags off in Hampstead Heath where we had a slight problem opening the door so it looked as though we were breaking in, which was great start. I thought the streets looked very Notting Hill style as I think most places in London look, so I decided to take pictures whilst my friend struggled with the door, I'm so helpful :\. Next was my first ever trip to Camden Market! for those who don't know, this is a market in London where you can buy all sorts of food, clothes, jewelry etc but it's in an very large old stable and it's just a really cute place to visit even if you don't go to buy anything. Below are some of the photos I took whilst looking around.

These are basically long doughnuts that taste so yummy









I loved the button dress so much! but I couldn't justify buying it enough because I have no idea when or where I would wear it :(

Top River Island £18, Leggings Primark £4, shoes Miss Selfridge £32
The carvings in the walls reminded me of Dumbledore's office in Harry Potter

Chandelier in the middle of the market

Finally it was off to see The Drowned Man! by Punchdrunk :D We weren't allowed to take photos and to be honest you get so into it I don't know why you would want to. I won't go too into it because I know some people really find theatre boring and pretentious and they don't like it. However, if you do I cannot recommend this production enough. Basically it's immersive theatre so you walk around at least 3 floors of warehouse that has been set so well that you feel like you're in the world of the characters (as you can see from some of the photo's below.) The show lasts 3 hours and you can follow round any characters and investigate set even if you are alone. The actors are amazing because they never lose focus and act even when they have their audience in masks stood right next to them! There is also a lot of incredible dancing and movement from all the cast. I'm not going to go one anymore but as you can probably tell I absolutely love it and anyone interested in theatre or anyone up for a new experience and is in the London area, I would definitely recommend giving The Drowned Man a try. I must warn you though it is not for the faint hearted and contains violence, nudity and simulated sex.






Thankyou if you've read to the end of this slightly random post. I would love to know if you have any recommendations for shows, plays etc? and if you have any favorite places to visit in London?

Love Becky xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric