Pages

Top 5 Drugstore/Highstreet Mascara's

Tuesday 17 June 2014

I have to say that in the world of beauty products mascara is probably the one thing that at the minute, I feel as though I can’t live without. I just think it makes such a difference, particularly to my tired morning face. and I must say I have tried out A LOT in my time so many that one might say I’m some sort of Mascara whore.. :L. So I thought I’d introduce you to my top five drugstore/high street mascara’s because I really don’t see a lot of difference between them and high end ones, both have their good, their bad and their plain ugly (here’s looking at you Revlon Doubletwist Volumizing Mascara.) Anyway without further or do here are my top 5.



Number 5, Maybelline illegal length-I’ll start off by saying I’m not a massive fan of the lash extension type mascara’s because as much as they can perhaps look more natural and I find they often don’t add a lot of curl or volume. Basically they make my lashes look like spiders! However, this mascara in particular I think looks subtle, curled and with slightly more volume. That’s why think this is great mascara for the no makeup, makeup look and especially good for beach days now that it seems summer has arrived in England. I would say that this mascara definitely does add length, doesn't smudge, in fact it really doesn't budge at all which means it takes a bit of time to get off (god only knows what the waterproof version is like) but not too long to really matter.





Number  4, Rimmel lash accelerator mascara- Another one of those that promises lash extension but again like illegal length this also likes up to its claims. The mascara wand reminds me very much of benefit’s all famous they’re real, with its straight thick wide and small straight bristles. Maybe this is why it works so well. Either way this mascara looks really nice layered and it one that you really can build volume with. The bristles catch every eyelash and my only complaint is that it doesn't hold its curl as well but that’s if I’m being really picky.






Number 3, No7 lash impact- This is the most recent adiidtion to my collection and to no7’s line of mascara’s. At £14.00 I’m not sure if this even goes in the drugstore/highstreet category anymore as this is pretty pricey for a non high end mascara.However, I did manage to by this when it was £10.00 as in introductory price and boots are always handing out the vouchers for money off of no7 with purchases, so I suppose we’ll let them off on this one. So onto the mascara, firstly it is beautifully packaged that reminds me of Christmas tinsel! The wand is an ovals shaped and the




The runner up is Maybelline the Falsies in very black. This mascara is probably one of my most repurchased mascara’s of all time and at £7.99 it’s one of the cheaper mascara’s in my top 5. Boots are also having buy 1 get the second half price on selected Maybelline products and you can get the offer here. This mascara is probably one of the most volumes of my collection and much like the name suggests it is very black, adds quite a bit of length but quite not as much as illegal length but that doesn’t bother me too much. The wand catches lashes really easily and adds a really nice curl. The Falsies doesn’t really smudge on me and easy to get off. I know this is a favourite of you tuber Tanya Burr’s, so it must be pretty good!





And the winner iss….L'oreal telescopic mascara in extra black!! I love this mascara and I know the version that isn't extra black is a favourite of Viviannadoesmakeup. It makes my lashes look so long and fluttery, so much so that I've even been accused of wearing false eyelashes. This mascara is also very easy to layer which I love in a mascara because I’m all about adding more than just one layer without making them look spidery or clumpy. Basically Just a Blooming good mascara!








Thank you for reading! I hope you might find these mini reviews useful in picking out a new mascara to try. Do you like any of these mascara’s too? If you would like a full review please leave a comment, and if you have any recommendations leave a comment for that too.
Love Becky xx












No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric