Pages

New Mac Lipsticks!

Friday 5 September 2014



Hello Lovelies!

One particular aspect of my makeup collection that I'm particularly proud of is my MAC lipstick collection...and one day I promise to do a full collection post when I have the time to do all the swatches!! But today will just be my two most recent purchases, Viva Glam IV (frost) and Retro (satin). One thing to note is that the price of their lipsticks has gone up again!! to £15.50, which I'm not best pleased with as they were expensive at £15 anyway and I know it's only 50p more but still I'm not happy about it, I mean it's not as if they aren't making enough money! (rant over) nevertheless I still love their lipsticks and still bought two :\ .


The first is Viva Glam IV, a frost finish lipstick that is a shimmering brownier version of New York Apple. As it's part of the Viva Glam collection for those that don't know it means ALL the proceeds are paid to MAC Aids Fund (registered UK charity number 1147222) and goes towards helping women, men and kids everywhere affected by HIV and  AIDS (which makes parting with £15,50 for a lipstick a lot easier once you know it's for charity). I'm generally not a fan of their frost lipsticks and I don't think I'm alone in that opinion. Having said that there are a few of the frost finish lipsticks that just look so nice and catch the light really nicely. They tend to be quite glittery and shine like a lipgloss which is why I think some people don't like the finish because the glitter can look dare I say a little tacky. 

However as I say this one looks really nice on the lips and has a redish tinge to it that too subtle to be a full on red lip but the hint of red with the shimmer can look really glam but still subtle. It's lasting power appears to be okay I mean I haven't had a lot of time to test it out but so far it's holding up well. 

Swatch of Viva Glam IV, in person it's a lot darker and redder.

The Next is Retro, this was a bit of an impulse buy but an good one at that! I don't really know what I was looking for when I went into the MAC counter in beals but I didn't expect to come out with a colour like this.It's a kind of dark, purpley brown colour in a satin finish. On the website this colour looks super dark and not very appealing at all! and there also aren't really many swatches online that I can find. I therefore think this is a really underrated lipstick in their collection! I absolutely adore this colour as the slight purple to it makes it a kind of muted version or Rebel or Diva, which is good for me because I'm far too scared to actually wear either of these outside as they're quite daring, not to mention they don't really suit me anyway. The satin finish to me means quite a matte look and feel, but slightly more comfortable to wear and with more sheen. 

Swatch of Retro looks pretty much the same in person.

I basically bought these in preparation for autumn/fall and I really think they'll come in handy as autumnal lip colours. So have you tried any of these lip colours? what are going to be your go to lipsticks for autumn or fall? Thanks for Reading!

Love Becky xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric