Pages

Make-up Goodies From Abroad

Sunday 10 August 2014




Hello Lovelies!
It's been a while hasn't it? Since I only go back from my holiday in Bulgaria (with terrible internet might I add) yesterday I have been itching to write this post after not writing for nearly 2 weeks! which is actually quite a long time for me. 
As I did go abroad I thought it would be a good opportunity to test out some makeup products that aren't so readily available in the UK at an even cheaper price as the Bulgarian exchange rate is pretty good. As I was wandering around in the 30 degree heat I came across the wet 'n wild makeup stand. I believe this is a make-up brand that is in most american drug stores and most likely all over the world. However, I don't think you can get it in shops in the UK. It's a pretty affordable brand that I would compare with makeup brands like collection or NYC, so when faced with these mini eye shadow pallets and larger than life mascara's I was spoilt for choice! in the end I went with a mascara, highlighter/blush compact and a lip gloss.


The first is a mega glo illuminating powder, this is the classic blush, bronzer, highlighter compact. Its has 4 shades the first is a light golden what I assume is a highlighter as it's too light to be a bronzer. the next two are blushes and the end one is a shimmer bronzer. I love one of the blushes but the only is far too light and I would just use it as a highlight. One thing I do like about products like this is the versatility of them. You could use the shades individually on the cheeks or eyes, or mix all the shades together to add more colour to the face. I must say I was impressed with the pigmentation of these immensely I didn't expect them to really show up on my skin as it cost around £3.00 when I converted the price to pounds. However, they showed up well on my skin and are quite flattering colours that I think will suit me more when I am slightly paler, which is most of the year. One thing I would say though is like many cheap eyeshadows and blushes the product is quite chalky, glittery instead of glowy and doesn't last overly long on the skin. Nevertheless I know I will enjoy using this and look forward to the different ways I can use it with different looks.

The first the the darker blush, then the lighter blush, then the highlight, then the bronzer.

The next was a lipgloss that I think cost around £1 so I really wasn't expecting big things. It has a pretty sticky texture, scent of watermelon and leaves a sheer glossy finish. I picked up a slightly browny colour because I find these suit me well. However, with the cool undertones in the finish I don't think it really does suit me... unfortunately :(. I don't know if it will look better once I loose my tan but overall I would say this is a lipgloss where you get what you pay for and if you do purchase this product it's not necessarily bad but it's what you would expect from a low budget lip gloss..but it's staying power isn't bad really (felt like I should throw in a positive). I think i'm definitely going to try it over lip sticks though because although it may not be my colour alone, I am determined that I will make this work for me! haha.

Swatch on my lips


Finally the last was a mascara for around £5.00, it's their XXL lash mascara! They had an XL version but when it comes to lashes my view is why go XL when you can go XXL for the same price, it was a no brainer for me. I bought this mostly as I was running out of my benefit they're real mini that I planned on using up there anyway but I must say although it's not quite as good it's slightly better than I expected. It has a twisty type brush which traditionally I hate because for some reason they really don't catch my lashes and I hate that because it just makes them heavy and gloopy (hmm what a lovely image). This mascara however adds a a lot of volume without glooping that is buildable, it doesn't add much in terms of curl and length which is disappointing, but if you want volume and a very black mascara for a low price this is the one to go for!




















In a way I'm sort of happy I wasn't completely blown away by the products I picked out because I know it would be a bit of a pain trying to repurchase them. However, they all have their merits and are relatively nice product. I wish I had tried more but I didn't want to go too crazy if the products were terrible and I was slightly rushed for choice. I hope you've enjoyed reading this post even if these are so readily available where you live. But have you tried any of these products? what are your thoughts? is there any products you wish were available in your country? I'd love you to leave a comment. Thank you for reading.
Love Becky xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric