Pages

Soap and Glory- Glow All Out

Sunday 17 August 2014



Hello Lovelies! 

Today's post will be a little review of a product that for a long while was my go to highlighter. Soap and Glory's Glow all out (£11.00) is a powder highlighter that looks kind of like a pink blush in the packaging, but on the skin is fairly translucent but gives a lovely iridescent glow with barely any pink pigmentation (which is a good thing as it's not actually a blush).

It comes in this cardboardy type packaging..what a great description becky. What I mean is it doesn't come in a plastic compact like a lot of highlighter products come in e.g. Bobbi Brown shimmer brick. The packaging closes through a magnet which I though was quite cool and it has a mirror on the inside, which is always handy. I love the gimmicky packaging and creative names Soap and Glory give to their products, it's like 1920's crossed with a modern day sense on humour. 

As mentioned earlier, I used this product for a LONG while. This was mostly because I just thought it works so what's the point in looking for a new one as unlike my mascara whoreish tendencies I usually like to stick to one highlighter in my makeup bag. I would say this is probably a product for more paler skinned people as I currently have a tan and don't find it works quite as well. This is because I tend to go for a warmer golden highlighters when I'm tanned, apposed to this which is a white cooler toned highlight with a dash of pink. However, it still adds a nice glow to my cheeks and can be used to highlight the inner-corners of my eyes and brow bone. I would definitely say this gives more of a glow than shimmer effect but there are flecks of glitter and shimmer, which I don't particularly like but I can live with it because it reflects light well and looks good in pictures.


It may not be the cheapest of highlighters but I think there's not many great highlighters you can get for less than this price, I'm not sure why but when it comes to highlighters I find the more expensive brands do it a lot better than the cheaper brands, which is a shame as I'd love to find a really nice cheap alternative one day.

I hope you've enjoyed reading about one of my favourite drugstore/boots/superdrug highlighter products. I would definitely recommend giving it a try, especially if Boots or Superdrug have an offer on as it's not the cheapest of products. I'd love to know if you have tried this product and your thoughts? or what your favourite cheaper highlighters are? Thanks for Reading.

Love Becky xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric