Pages

Top 3 Must Have Budget Palettes

Tuesday 11 November 2014


Hello Lovelies!
I love a good bargain as much as the next girl and seeing as I'm currently trying to save money :\ (not going too well if I'm being honest) good budget make-up is definitely my friend at the moment!..So I thought I would do a little post on my favourite 3 budget palettes that are all under £10 :).


The First is a palette that has been spoken about quite widely in the blogging world and that is the MUA heaven and earth palette for £4. MUA have created a neutrals palette with both shimmers and mattes that comes with an little applicator in pretty sturdy packaging, although it doesn't contain a mirror :(. I must admit although I don't use this palette as much as I should it's a really good neutrals palette with pretty good quality eye shadows (for the price). I think the shades would be really flattering on a lot of people as they are neutral shades, so whether you have a pink undertone or yellow undertone, green eyes or blue eyes, you will be able to create a look that will look lovely on you for everyday and evening wear. Now although there may be some fall out and creasing problems with this palette, it is only slight which for a low budget palette is great really! also it's a problem that can be fixed with a good eye shadow primer (I suggest Urban Decay's or Nars' but there may be cheaper alternatives).




The Next palette is a matte palette from a relatively new brand Revolution. It's there essential mattes palette. This is a palette with a perfect blend (no pun intended) of colours and neautrals (all matte shades). I perhaps would prefer less light colours I feel like 4 is a little excessive but nevertheless still a decent palette and at £4 can you really complain? well okay I can complain a little it does have a slight problem of creasing and leaving a kind of unblended looking line but once again nothing an eye shadow primer can't solve.  The palette contains 4 light colours that remind me of some of urban decay's lighter shades such as foxy. It then has two Browny shades and a couple greys. There are also a few purple toned shades, a light blue and a dark blue so although there are no crazy electric colours, there are still some subtle colours that are pretty easy to work with.


The Final Palette is probably my favourite! mostly because of it's multi-function as it has a prefect shade for eyebrows. It's the 'Oh so special' palette from Sleek, which is a nice mix of colours and neutrals. If I'm being honest I don't really use the pinks or blues in this palette as I hardly ever use these colours on my eyes anyway and pink doesn't really suit being on my eyes despite them being hazel coloured. However I have been trying them as blushes because they are so bendable and I definitely think for me this is a better use for those shades. Now onto the reason it is my favourite, it has a brown shade that is my perfect colour (bottom row third in from the right) for my eyebrows so it has saved me a lot of time and money searching for an eyebrow pencil or perfect mac shadow for my brows, plus this palette is cheaper than one of their shadows anyway (£8). 


I hope you've enjoyed reading about my favourite budget palettes. I'd love to know what your favourite palette's are and if you have tried any of these palettes yourself? Thank you for reading!

Love Becky xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric