Pages

New York Baby!

Thursday 30 October 2014


Hello Lovelies!

To follow up my London Baby! post I thought I would do a post on my time in New York (yes this is why I haven't posted in over a week :L *slaps self on the wrist). I was there for a competition in America called Empire Mock trial (here is their blog). We may not have won but as the only UK representatives I thought we held our own in an american court and most importantly enjoyed every minute!
However, I'm sure most of you won't enjoy reading me warble on about law and get on to the good stuff, NYC! if you follow my instagram you will have already seen me post a few photo's from my trip but I thought I would post a few photo's and what it was like to actually go there.

First is the empire state. People often ask, is it worth it? at $29 I would most definitely say it was worth it. I've heard there can be large queue's but when you go off peak you can go straight up and the view is 'BREATHTAKING' I really cannot describe it in any other way. I must say though it was very windy and hard to get a good photo. However, I did manage to get this one of me stood by the railings looking rather tired and windswept.

Blazer (New look) Top (Primark plain T

We then proceeded to ride in a limo on the way back (as you do).


Next up on our sight seeing was the cruise going past the Statue of Liberty and riding an actual school bus through New York. It was such a nice moment to see us ride past and rush up to the top deck to try to hurriedly change our camera's to night mode and get the best shot as well as coping with the temperamental wind >:(. Here are photo's of me and my friend Safae and my friend Evonne (Vonnie) doing our exited faces.


After two grueling days of competition to which we could not take photo's :(. We had a day of sightseeing! Our first stop was across Brooklyn Bridge towards Ground Zero. I must say I did not appreciate how emotional I would be upon visiting ground zero, the site of 9/11. They have created a memorial I didn't know existed that is lovely and is a essentially a waterfall with what looks like a bottomless pit where the names of the victims are written in bronze round the edges. It's a lovely memorial but when I got to one name that was followed by..and her unborn child I just balled and probably looked mental but I found it so sad.


Next we went on the subway to central park where we had a slight kerfuffle, which resulted in half our group being stuck behind the turnstile and unable to actually get onto the subway, so we laughed at them...and eventually helped them out.


 Now onto Central park! An absolutely beautiful garden in the centre of  New York that we were incredibly happy to explore on such a lovely blue sky day. We also walked past Bloomingdale's and pottery barn! (any friends fans out there?)

Jeans (New Look) Check Top (New Look) Bag (River Island) Coat (oasis)

Finally before leaving was time to go round time square and of course into Sephora and Macy's where I bought Russian Red by MAC and Hoola Bronzer by Benefit. Times Square was soo busy and crowded that although I liked it, I don't know whether I could cope for too long, it did leave me slightly anxious, but one day I really want to spend NYE there! because I think it would just be amazing.


I hope you've enjoyed this slightly different post! I will resume to beauty soon but felt like someone may be interested in my experience of New York, whether you are thinking of going of if you have been. I loved my experience so much and if you have the opportunity to be a part of a university or school's Bar/Empire mock trial team I would strongly suggest it as I have met so many amazing lovely people though doing it (genuinely haha I'm not being told to say this). I'd love to know if anyone reading has been to New York and what their thoughts are? also what are you're top places to visit? as I'm on a gap year I may as well make the most of it! Thank you for reading :)

Love Becky xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric