Pages

Autumn Favourites!

Thursday 16 October 2014



 Hello Lovelies!
Today's post has been inspired by the sudden change in weather and while most chose to complain about it, I have decided to accept that the colder months are upon us and to embrace the autumnal outfits and makeup as well as other bits and bobs that make me happy to accept that summer and my my tan has now faded. Side note, prepare for to write autumn a lot in this post ...

So here are my autumn favourites.
Sanctuary illuminating moisturiser
Retro satin mac lipstick
Flushed blush by sleek.
Real Techniques Blush Brush (Nic's Picks)
Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Naked Palette
Warm Drinks

The first is an illuminating moisturiser from sanctuary, which is an own brand from boots. The reason this is in my Autumn favourites in particular is because in the autumn when everything is just that little bit more dull as the weather starts to get greyer, I like to have a moisturiser which is bright and doesn't make my skin look grey and dull, almost to combat the dreary weather. This moisturiser is lovely for that, it has a lovely lemony smell that reminds me of a spa and makes my skin glow like no other that I've tried before. However, it does have a slight greasy texture to it that I don't particularly like but this is still a product that gets thoroughly used through autumn and winter.


The second in my autumn favourites is a mac lipstick in Retro (satin finish). This was in my New Mac Lipsticks Post! so a new addition to my collection. However, I absolutely love this colour for the season. For some reason I really cannot wear purpley, blue toned lipsticks as they just don't suit me and look rediculous, so when going for berry toned autumn lipsticks I have to go for the reddy, brown purple's. This may sound silly but that's exactly what this lipstick is a purple/berry lipstick with red and brown tones. 

Next is a blush by sleek in the colour flushed that I mentioned in my 'Sleek Blushes' blog post. This is a really berry toned blush, which does indeed make you look flushed (if you use too much) but when used sparingly can add a really nice pop of colour to your cheeks. If you've tried sleek blushes before you will know the pigmentation is great of these blushes and they have decent staying power, they arn't the easiest to blend but if you have a decent brush it's never a problem. This is why I have included a brush in my favorites. The real techniques blush brush is just the perfect size for application and feels so soft like all the real techniques brushes.


Next up is a Lush Lip Scrub in bubblegum. To be honest any of their lip scrubs could have been in my favourites, They all smell so good! You may be wondering why this is in my autumn favorites in particular, well it's because this is the time on year where my lips start to get really dry and chapped because of the cold, but also due to the berry toned lipsticks I'm wearing. So I need something that can really get rid of all the dead skin on my dry lips (sounds gross I know). These do the job so well whist tasting soo yummy..If you have not tried these yet I highly recommend.


Finally on the makeup front is the famous 'Naked Palette' from urban decay. We all know how much this palette and it's respective others is raved about but this is especially my favourite for autumn. The blue and brown toned colors are absolutely perfect.It includes one matte brown shade I belive that is called 'Buck' and this is just a loevly autumn shade to blend all over the lid for an everyday look. I don't think I need to rave about how good the quality of these are but if this palette is a little out of your price range, the undressed palette from MUA or Iconic 1 from Revolution are perfect cheap alternatives at £4 each I believe.


My final Favourite is not a product but just a general love of mine in Autumn. Whether it's a pumpkin spiced latte or honeycomb hot chocolate, I adore I nice warm drink on a cold autumn day to make me feel all cosy and warm even if it''s ust your bog standard PG Tips.

I hope you'v enjoyed reading about my autumn favourites, i'm definitely still mourning the loss of summer but am more than stocked up on my woolly socks, boots and coats  ready for the colder months. I'd love to know what your favorites of the month are? and whether you've tried anything I've included in my favourite's. Thank you for reading!
Love Becky xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric